Can't send or recive messages

Hi,

I just got a pair of Mesh devices from the black friday sale.
I set them up on two iPhones and they are both running the same app version 5.3.2 Build 135 and the same firmware 1.1.12 and the same Region Europe, ITU 1.

I use random GID, both Pair fine but I am unable to send any text or pings either way, tried seperate them incase they scrambled eachother by being to close, still dosent work.

What am I doing wrong? And yes I checked the GID about 200 times.
I also tried Shout on both devices and that is not recieved either.

Have you tried restarting both the phones and devices? When you click the battery status, does the LED blink 3 times?

1 Like

Have BOTH devices been on when you were pairing to one of them? Remember you only want one device that is able to pair being powered up at a time. Turn on one device and one phone to pair with it at any time. Otherwise you risk having a unit paired to both (or neither.)

I have confirmed that they indeed are paired by clicking the battery status, they blink correspondently.
I have restared each phone and apps and mesh devices, still not working…really not what I was expecting… yes the other device was off when I paired them.

Very odd. Try unpairing them, then repairing them again, perhaps switching which device goes with each cellphone. If you’re still stuck, drop a line to Customer Service and see what they can do to assist you.

I have tried most things now, contacted customer support twice but no answers for about 3 weeks.
Pretty disapointed that it never worked at all…any one have any ideas or how I can get a hold of goTenna support?

I may be repeating things you’ve already tried, but here’s what to try.

Confirm your iPhones are running IOS 10 or higher.
Confirm you are using the goTenna Mesh app (purple logo) and not the goTenna Pro app (logo is black).
Confirm that the apps on each phone show neither is paired.
Turn on one of your phones and complete setting up one of the GTM device via your app. The other device should be off and its phone should be off, too,.
After the first iPhone is paired, try sending a Shout.
Turn off your just paired first set of devices.
Try pairing the other pair, carefully observing the GTM’s install; as with the first,.

Worth checking> Does the location on your phone match your physical location?

Is this the address you’ve been using to try to contact Support? support@gotenna.com

More here: https://support.gotennamesh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021110291-goTenna-Mesh-Resolutions

The one thing that seems odd is that you say they’re running firmware version 1.1.12. which I thought was only applied in one of the SDK versions.

Finally, goTenna is located in the center of the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic. I presume everyone’s working at home, but would think that someone would be available to help. If not, then some extended patience is in order. They should’ve answered before now, I’d think, but right now things could be a little up in the air.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer Mike!

I have been trying all of these things every time I tried to get them to work, I turned on my gotennas now just to have done it one more time and before I did any thing I tried sending a text, and it worked! For the first time ever, without doing anything… Which is good but I still don’t know what made them work.

I have also been suspecting the firmware, I can not upgrade in the app, what is the latest firmware for goTenna mesh? Ironically they say that if you are unable to update you should contact support. Yes I mentioned COVID-19 in my last email to them that I understand if they are not working, well se if they get back. So its working for now then I guess.

Thanks for all the help, hope every one is staying safe!

1 Like

Excellent!
Welcome to the mesh.

I suspect you just took a step in the order it needed to be in that was slightly different. I’m a bit dyslexic myself, so simple devices often confuse me and with only one button, the goTenna Mesh has done that to me a time or two.

My understanding is that fior the GTM device itself, 1.1.8 is the latest version, with mine listed in the ITU2 region. As I noted, I think 1.1.12 is found on the SDK version. Whatever you have is working, though, and that is what is important.

Come to think of it, why would they ship new devices with the SDK firmware?
Could these be a refurbished set?

I rather doubt that, as this is a forward step, not a backward step.

It may be that they are shipping with the new firmware in order that it’s compatible with the SDK firmware. Some have complained because the SDK version would not natively communicate with the 1.1.8 GTM due to something to do with an (encryption?) key, IDK as I have no experience with the SDK. Could be something else, too, just speculating based on what I’ve heard said here in the community forum.

Hi all,

I had the same problem. Since I saw this issue related to the ITU2 region a few times on the forum I decided to detail my workaround in a separate topic here