Failed firmware update from GoTenna 5.01 iOS

I tried to install the new firmware with the latest version of the GoTenna for iOS, version 5.01, on my iPhone 6. It installed the firmware, but for the past 24 hours, the app says that the GoTenna is “putting finishing touches on the firmware”, then immediately crashes. It crashes soon enough that I cannot get a screenshot. What do I do? Is the GoTenna bricked? The red and white LEDs are flashing.

Some of the latest crash log from the iPhone:
Hardware Model: iPhone7,2
Process: GoTenna [292]
Path: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/UUID/GoTenna.app/GoTenna
Identifier: com.gotenna.GoTenna
Version: 119 (5.01)
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Role: Foreground
Parent Process: launchd [1]
Coalition: com.gotenna.GoTenna [428]

Date/Time: 2018-07-18 21:34:07.8839 -0400
Launch Time: 2018-07-18 21:33:48.9442 -0400
OS Version: iPhone OS 11.4.1 (15G77)
Baseband Version: 6.80.00
Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000010267ff94
Termination Signal: Trace/BPT trap: 5
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x5
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]
Triggered by Thread: 11

Interesting development: I had left the GoTenna plugged in, and when I left for work, the LED was flashing white and red. When I came home, it was just flashing white. I ubplugged it and moved it, and it began flashing white and red again. Then after a while, just white. The GoTenna app still crashes.
Forgot to mention, this is the GoTenna Mesh, not the old device.

Have you tried powering down the goTenna Mesh? Cycling the power to it helps reset things when they get stuck.

Try unpairing and repairing next.

Do you know the serial number of your GTM?

Since the app is crashing, maybe try deleting the app from your phone. Then reboot your phone and reinstall the app.

I don’t know the serial number at the moment, but wouldn’t a restart of the GTM while it’s doing something possibly brick it? I’ll try to unpair/repair, but I’ll have to delete the app and hope it won’t crash anymore.

AFAIK, a failed update should not toast the GTM. See note by @Virginia in the main thread on the 5.0 update for notes on power cycling the GTM. Then try to unpair and pair again, this actually is helpful and should not cause an issue. Last resort is to delete and reinstall the app on your phone.

Hi all - this conversation is also going on here, so I’m closing this thread so we don’t have redundant chats going and we can all find the info in one place. :slight_smile:

https://community.gotennamesh.com/t/mesh-5-0-is-here/2742/184