goTenna Mesh Road Map Update 2022

Thank you all for your continued contributions and participation in the goTenna Mesh community. The suggestions that have been made on this forum are truly valuable and are all being considered in our 2022 road map.

The past two years have been filled with twists and turns, which our team has been working very hard to navigate. We have managed to make significant strides with the worldwide adoption of goTenna Pro and we are using this momentum to help us focus our resources on goTenna Mesh this year.

Here are some highlights of what you can expect for goTenna Mesh:

• All goTenna Mesh devices in stock now and in the future will come with firmware version 1.1.8 or greater to ensure there are no firmware/bluetooth update issues.

• We plan on being fully stocked in all goTenna Mesh colors by the end of April, 2022 as we overcome global chip shortages.

• We are targeting a new goTenna Mesh App release by the end of 2022 which will address several of the bugs that have been brought up on this forum and include some enhancements. This version will have a new and more stable codebase that will allow us to address issues and add updates much more quickly than we have in the past.

Please feel free to comment on this post with any feature requests, comments, or concerns. As always, we are here to receive your inquiries at support@gotenna.com.

2 Likes

End of 2022 seems like a long time off. At least for iOS, the last update that actually changed/fixed anything was over a year ago. It’s nice that someone is planning to work on the app. I would have hoped someone had been doing so for the last year and made real progress.

1 Like

Thanks for the update ~ more frequent communication is welcome and builds trust. Hope to hear how things are progressing. Keep moving forward!

Well, the new app update (v5.6.1) came in Sep 2022. It crashes on startup every single time on my phone (Google Pixel 5).
So my goTennas appear to be completely useless :frowning:

I fixed my app by going into App Info and clearing data. After this I was able to go through setup again as if it was a new install and everything was fine.

1 Like

Almost Christmas, and still no sign of the “late 2022” update for iOS. You guys are running out of runway to meet this (to my mind) unambitious goal. When can we expect this? Decemeber 75th?

–Richard

Hello,

An update for the Community:

As described by our CEO early this year, supply chain shortages as well as the requirement to support the safety of Operators on a global scale continued to pull resources from this project.

Our team members shifted to the interim update released with a focus on bug fixes and usability enhancements, while the rest of the team began to tackle the immense tasks of the complete SDK and firmware overhauls to position us to combat the continued component supply crunch affecting the tech industry.

While we ensured to provide enough time to allow for the interim update, it is not our envisioned endstate, which is a complete App redesign. We have spent the last 6 months scaling and training the team to allow us to tackle multiple priority projects at the same time, and we are almost there.

Early next year we will be consolidating the projects and progress up to this point as we wrap up priority tasks and will have an update to push out with firmer timelines following that.

As our team prepares for the Holidays, we also wish you a safe and happy Holiday season.

Luke

Hi Luke,
Thank you for the update.

Can you confirm if this refers to the Gotenna Mesh App?

The Gotenna Mesh SDK has been recently been discontinued and:

immense tasks of the complete SDK and firmware overhauls

Ties in with:

Our focus on the goTenna Pro product suite has helped us design more scalable software and firmware that will help inform goTenna Mesh development. (goTenna Mesh SDK Update).

Which all suggests that it refers to the Gotenna Pro App which has had updates this year.

I assume that these are the “interim” release you mention as the Mesh app has not been updated for over a year and I think the last Mesh firmware update was 4 years ago.

Thank you in advance.

Hey Pete,

The interim mesh app updates are the recent updates referenced by the community in this thread, please be sure to clear old app data if you have not updated in the last year for some reason.

We very intentionally limit the number of firmware updates to the mesh devices as we are aware many users store these for emergency use or set up long term relays. Missed firmware updates often break compatibility.

Correct, the team’s focus was strategically shifted to projects that will advance both the mesh and pro lines, which will be represented in the complete app overhaul referenced and will require a firmware upgrade which breaks compatibility with the SDK.

Happy Holidays,

Luke

Hi Luke,
Sorry, confused by your reply as far as I can see there have been no updates to the IOS app since last year and the last few updates have been for Gotenna Plus Subscriptions:

Is the “interim release” Android only as based on the comments it is 5.6.1 when the latest iOS release is only 5.5.3?

Based on the SDK being discontinued I would hope that the new release is close :grinning: