They are great with their updates, and having talked to some of the developers they are very interested in what people are planning on using them for, all the different applications for them!
I agree, cross platform would be amazing, for what I’m doing I’ll probably stay with one system, especially since I will be working off the back of the Sonnets for my system!
So my update - it’s a little one -
I got an email back from the team, I got into the devices, and started updating the firmware for the mesh and the system.
The update process is a little buggy, but workable, although I’m not 100% sure if they took the updates - the system is failing to display the version info, but it was before the update, so I’m assuming that it worked.
It took me an hour or two to update all three units, one had a few disagreements with me, but I won in the end with a factory reset.
I have them set to the frequency I will be using (it is very easy to set frequency and power) and ready to deploy one as a repeater on a well situated hill, one as the base unit and the third will be a rover.
The fixed position units will have external antennas.
The rover will be in a light vehicle or in a light aircraft, depending what I’m doing on the day.
From what I’ve found so far, the power saving features are very frustrating, it would be great if there was a way to set them to perpetually on - for base/fixed/repeater units. The units tend to drop off the mesh if there is inactivity.
I found that my phone’s performance was an issue with accessing the web app.
At this stage I don’t have access to the analytics but will see what testing I can do tomorrow or in the coming days.