Let's Build a MOAN (Mother of All Nodes)

They all can be AFAIK. Some early versions were said to lack the RF shield, which would make access easier. However, the shield is not that big an impediment as it is simply aoldered to the edge of the board. Getting it off should be doable, but having tried to “correct” mine after it was run-over proved fruitless as it was distorted a little too much to make it right.

My question. Has anyone made a guide with pictures and detailed steps for the modifications for all the versions. I do not want to destroy any GMT in the process. Also the original gotenna 2watt VHF, have these been modified?

Embarrassed. What does AFAIK mean?

AFAIK = as far as I know

As for guides to MOANing, pretty much what you see here and in a few other threads. I believe there is a commercial producer mentioned somewhere. If you’re at all handy, I’d say go for it, write/pic it up and see where it leads.

On the other hand, if you’re afraid of destruction, this may not be your project. The case is welded together and it will be at least partially destroyed in the process of cutting it apart. Depending on how neat/careful/skillful you are, you might be able to repackage it inside the two halves you end up with, but the material cut away in the kerf created in cutting it apart will need to be replaced and you wouldn’t want to get glue in the power switch of course.