Android app support for ChromeOS

Hi,

Just wondered if ChromeOS support was possible for the Gotenna app, as a lot of ChromeBooks now support the google play store. I navigated to the Gotenna app in the play store but it says the device is not support, what would limit the app from working?

Thanks.

This is a great question! I spoke with our Android Dev and the goTenna App is likely not supported because of our map sdk. The architecture used on mobile phones and chrome books might be different. The architecture depends on which processor the Chromebook has. Our mobile app supports "armeabi", "armeabi-v7a", "x86".

I’m also not sure that you’d be able to pair goTenna Mesh to a ChromeBook

1 Like

The ChromeBook I’m playing about with is an Asus C101 which runs a Rockchip RK3399 ARM processor so it uses the same architecture as most phones. Things would be different with the Celeron based ChromeBooks but Google has done a good job running Android apps on them as well.

On the pairing side the ChromeBook has Bluetooth so I’m not sure why there would be an issue.

Thanks for the extra details. We can dig further into the compatibility, however, at this time, ChromeBook doesn’t support the goTenna App.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.