goTenna Mesh SDK support for Raspberry Pi/Linux/Mac/Chromebook/Windows?

Are there any plans to offer the SDK for Raspberry Pi?

I see mention of Android and iOS at the page https://www.gotenna.com/pages/sdk but nothing else. I feel like goTenna would really be opening up a huge new market if your SDK could support things like Raspberry Pi, Chromebooks, Windows, and Mac. I suppose on Windows and Mac you could use an Android emulator to make a connection to your goTenna but that would be a really odd approach to getting connectivity.

I could be wrong but I think the IOT is going to be run more on Linux than it is on Android or iOS.

1 Like

@Turnerb currently, we do not have plans to offer the goTenna SDK for Linux based systems.
100% agree there is potential here, and we are planning to introduce new SDK features for IoT applications in the near future.

For now, have you considered running Android on raspberry Pi?

1 Like

Thanks Rahul, It looks like there are some pretty severe limitations with Android running on a Raspberry Pi, for example no touch screen support and a few graphics issues, but I guess I would have to try it and see how it works before judging whether or not its worth going down that road.

1 Like

Agreed. There are limitations with this approach.
Let us know how your trial goes!

1 Like