6 months in, we're going local! Sign up to be a neighborhood ambassador

Email us at local@gotenna.com to find out how to become one of the first ambassadors (and get a ton of perks!) through our Neighborhood Mesh Network Program.

(Very exciting stuff — we need your help to build out strong local mesh networks in your area.)

11 Likes

Hiya, I’m very interested. We used four of these that I received thru Kickstarter in PR. I am with the Red Cross in Stuart, Fl 34994. I have set up a powered relay in Stuart too. Joe

1 Like

Very exciting — in the first 24 hours over 80 people have contacted us to learn more about how they can help power efforts to build out strong local goTenna Mesh networks in their neighborhoods. :slight_smile: Keep 'em coming!!

1 Like

@danielagotenna I did. Are you waiting for a critical mass before you blast out a reply, or is there a bot that responds? Eagerly awaiting the info! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Count me in as well. I have a powered relay installed in the attic of our home in Arlington, MA 02476. Unfortunately, we live at the bottom of a large hill that limits access to our West, but North, South, and East are unrestricted.

1 Like

I’m in. Email sent yesterday.

1 Like

We’re still figuring out internally how best to engage everyone (there’s a LOT more responses than we thought) so we’re figuring out a way to efficiently sort through everything and get the information we need from everyone! Sit tight, we’re excited too!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I also was wondering.

2 Likes

Woohoo, this is great!

1 Like

@danielagotenna Awww, com’on… drop some hints tease us a little… :star_struck:

1 Like

Sent my interest in too. Following here. Can’t wait to see what ideas you have.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what you have in store :sunglasses:

1 Like

Also emailed, can’t wait!! 2 nodes active now! One stationary, one mobile.

1 Like

Google forms is as easy as it gets. I use it sometimes and I have even been able to share nifty graphs publicly updated in real time based on submissions. It’s hard to beat for free.

1 Like

All, we sent this email out yesterday with this survey link:

Thanks so much for volunteering to learn more! We’ve created a simple survey to understand what you and your community are like and how your area could benefit from a goTenna Mesh network.
We’re going to use your responses to select the first few ambassadors for our immediate pilot campaigns, but over the next months we’ll get to everyone, so please fill it out:
https://goo.gl/jBZ7nN
The goal is to partner with people like you to build hyperlocal mesh networks in each of your own communities. Once enough neighborhoods are “meshed up,” they’ll start interconnecting with all the other hyperlocal mesh networks all over the map. One day soon, we’ll marvel at the fact that a parallel people-powered communications network that’s available anywhere, anytime (and isn’t run by ISPs or mobile carriers!) wasn’t always a thing. :slight_smile:
— Daniela & Rahul

10 Likes

Update here: We have someone new starting on our team on Thursday this week who, along with @anon62894636, will help finally officially launch our first Local campaigns! :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone who’s signed up — we are close to officially deciding who will be among our 3-4 pilot campaigns, and we hope to expand to everyone else thereafter! If you haven’t filled out the survey yet, contact @anon62894636 and she’ll send you a survey link! #imeshyou

4 Likes

This sounds great! I’ve been reaching out to my area (Philadelphia) to see if I can drum up interest. I’ve emailed Drexel (part time student), The Franklin institute, my company Campbell’s Soup (full time employee / Engineering), my wife’s company and a number of HAM friends who are part of the public service emergency response as well as repeater owners (2m/440) in the Philadelphia area. Is there a process in place or a contact person at goTenna that we could provide to them if they are looking for a more “official” business contact?

2 Likes

Wow! Sounds like you’ve done a lot of ground work to establish the Mesh Network. You should fill out the survey here and we’ll be able to provide more information. In the meantime, if someone you’ve spoken to is interested in getting goTenna Mesh, you should provide your referral link!

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve already fill out that form. I’d say about a week ago.

2 Likes

Excellent! We’ll take a look and be in touch shortly!

1 Like