Urbana, Illinois, Now a goTenna Mesh Ambassador City!

Things have been a little slow on the UMESH front. I spent the better parts of two weeks rebuilding the front axle and brakes on the infamous goTenna-slaying Land Cruiser. But I did finish off with a new Fire Fly device, the Fire Fly Mobile

With the truck in pieces, I wasn’t spending any time down in the rest of UMESH country. But once everything was back together, I was able to verify that the stationary nodes all seemed to be perking right along. I suspect the power problems that plagued the gloomy first part of the year may be behind us now.

Some thoughts are moving in the direction of the next two stationary nodes, which are intended to bring goTenna coverage to downtown, the west side of Lincoln Square and down Race St. to the high school. Our intention now is to have these nodes ready to go into place around the time that the firmware updates are released. Both will be placed where access will be a pain, so the hope is to get them right, get them up there, and let automation take over. The new node monitoring features will be much appreciated in addition to the expanded hop capabilities.

We did generate our first piece of UMESH bling, made from recycled materials and now helping keep my wife’s goTenna charged and ready to go.

2 Likes