SoCal Meshers Affected By Wildfires?

I hope everyone in greater LA is staying safe during these fires. The pictures are shocking.

I’ve heard reports that the winds and fires have been straining cell networks and making it difficult for people to receive alerts. I know this was for sure a big problem in Napa/Sonoma a few weeks ago.

Can anyone give a report?

2 Likes

@LAFD_CERT_Battalion2 do you have any updates to share?

1 Like

Fires are mostly in the sparsely populated wooded areas. I’m sure cell signal is pretty week out there to begin with.
Power has been a problem since some of the fires are where the power lines come through. Fortunately we have multiple routes for power so the outages have been only the areas close to the burn areas.
We did have spot fires occuring on the other side of the unified command post because of the winds blowing embers.

4 Likes

@LAFD_CERT_Battalion2 thanks for sharing. Are you currently engaged in rescue operations?
Stay safe out there.

1 Like

LAFD requested a CERT Call-Out at the Creek fire yesterday and at the Skirball fire today.
I went yesterday since that fire was about 5 miles away from my work.

CERT was utilized to support the command post in a few different ways. I was put in charge of the donation center. We had teams patrolling for spot fires around the perimeter.

4 Likes

…IS 5 miles away. Just we don’t have any rich people up there so no one cares about that fire anymore now that Bel Air is burning.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @LAFD_CERT_Battalion2. Those pictures are incredible.

3 Likes