Check battery of stationary relay?

Hi, I just got in 8 units and I’m setting up my own mesh network on my mountain. Is there a way to check the battery of a stationary relay? I want to make sure my GoalZero is going to keep it charged.
Thanks!

2 Likes

You will have to pair a phone to a relay unit to check battery life.
If you are just trying to see if a Relay unit is working, you can send a shout message when you are near the unit. The LED on the relay unit will flash as soon as it gets the shout message.

2 Likes

Thanks. I was trying to check the battery remotely. Like if I installed a stationary relay with a solar panel, I want to check the battery remotely.

1 Like

That feature is currently not available.
We will be releasing a USB SDK soon. It will be really cool if someone writes an app (hosted on a low cost device such as Raspberry PI) to send battery info when queried.

1 Like

@Rahul_Subramany Super interested in the USB SDK! Is there an ETA on that? A beta program, perhaps?

1 Like

We’re hoping to have it by end of year if we can manage it but not earlier than that for sure given everything on our plate!

2 Likes

Bluetooth is radio line of sight and I’ve been able to use a unit when it was 40 to 50 feet high up in a tree. I love the idea tho. It would be awesome to be able to send a code to your unit and have it message back with the battery percent and status. A shame phones don’t have a Bluetooth antenna port for a long range yagi to enable long range status checks. I am sure they make one that not to crazy expensive in that freq range.

Now that I think about it where is the Bluetooth antenna on the hardware? One could wire on to that also for long range unit checks and/or usage! Kick ass question! So @Jin_Gotenna, where is the BLE antenna located?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.