Hey! It would be super cool if we could have an auto power-on feature for the node when power is restored, mostly for remote stationary relay applications.
The user journey:
- I install a node in the very top floor of an apartment building in Seattle (with permission of the landlord of course).
- During an unfortunate failure of Seattle’s electric grid, input power is lost for 24 hours. The node dies and shuts off.
- When the power is restored, it would be really great if I didn’t have to trek all the way up there to press the power button and for the node to just magically turn back on and resume relaying messages.
It would be nice to have this separate from Relay mode (like a separate setting in the app), because I like to pair an old phone with GTMs to assign a GID. This way, I can put the GID on the node map and users can try to ping it for range testing.
If you didn’t want to add a separate switch or setting, an appropriate logic flow could be:
- If the user shuts the node off while the battery is not dead, keep the current behavior and just charge when power is applied.
- If the node is ON when the battery dies, turn back ON when power is reapplied.