Real world power consumption and restoration of usb power

Anyone have real world numbers on power consumption with active usage as a relay? I was wondering what it would take to get a moan working 24/7 off grid, using solar.

From the way I see it… Since the gtmesh has a single lipo cell it would make sense to upgrade the battery with a larger battery with more watt hours and power the unit via solar with a heavy margin.

Other question is when the unit is running in relay mode and runs out of power, if the power is restored does the unit come back online under relay mode without user intervention?

I’ve heard others say that they get about a days worth of usage and the internal battery is 2.18WH but I wasn’t sure how much usage that was under.

Unfortunately no @Rahul_Subramany @danielagotenna we have someone else looking for this option.

4 Likes

Well since we are voiding warenties :grin: it would not be impossible to create a simple watchdog circuit to push the power button after the power is restored.

1 Like

LOL Great minds. The extra button press I sugested was to make sure everything was reset properly.

1 Like

We are looking into adding a feature that would automatically return goTenna Mesh to its previous state, after a power cycle.

6 Likes

That’s great! That will be very useful for permanent installations.

3 Likes

One more reason to go with a random-GID registered node instead of a forward-only relay, I guess. People have already pointed out that there is no way to “ping” a relay-mode unit to check for availability or status remotely.

I am very curious to see what the USB SDK has in store for us. Seems like there’s a lot of potential for relay control/MOAN applications.

4 Likes