Is gotenna pursuing UL listing?

Has gotenna considered going through the process to get gotenna devices UL listed?

Some companies prefer that, esp after the Samsung device fires.

1 Like

Great question! (My response is biased and is 100% my opinion)

I would think that after earning the CE marking, the UL llc. $3000 rubber stamp would be waste. Also I couldn’t imagine the headache if every firmware update required new approval, but that’s what some american governmental agencies make certain industries do.

On the other hand, UL approved 110v aluminum wiring in houses and the outlet in my son’s room cought fire because of this. What’s the saying about best laid planes?

Justin

1 Like

My understanding is that the CE marking is not ‘earned’…it’s simply a ‘self delaration’ that the firm feels that the product is safe, and accepts liability for safety problems.

In my home, some electrical devices I buy and use are UL listed, and others not. To address that risk, I never leave non-UL listed devices plugged in to the wall while I’m not home. UL listed stuff stays plugged in all the time.

1 Like

Being safety conscious is always the right thing to do, my apologies for the poorly crafted response earlier.

Justin

I wish that were true! CE is earned — very extensive long testing process. :wink:

@Robin I get your concerns. I don’t completely trust anything with a charging lithium ion battery in my house without supervision regardless of certification.

1 Like