Ignorance question -- can I upgrade my Android 4.1.x to 4.3.x to use goTenna App?

Sorry to clog bandwidth for what is more of a phone question than a goTenna question, but… I pulled out my previous phone (Motorola Droid Razor) to see if I could download the goTenna app and pair the phone with my other goTenna Mesh unit, as the wife’s phone is too full and she is less, well, motivated… Sadly, after puttering, I discovered that the phone is Android 4.1.x and it needs to be at least 4.3.x. DOH! Anyone know a safe and non-hacker easy way to force-upgrade the phone?? Or am I simply S.O.L.?

1 Like

The Droid Razr? You would have to install CyanogenMod/LineageOS in order to do that. Considering how the Razr is locked down, it’s not going to be easy to actually accomplish unfortunately.

1 Like

@scotchlover Thanks for the info… Guess I’ll use the old phone for target practice next time! And, I’ll have tyo get my wife to upgrade her phone so she has enough room for all her stuff and the goTenna app.

Again, thanks for the info, and thanks to all for your patience with this marginally goTenna-related question.

1 Like

I don’t know if it will work but have you attempted to sideload the Gotenna app from apkmirrior? It’s worth a shot.

1 Like

@giqcass Thanks for the idea. I have not done that, nor ever anything even close to that… :wink: I guess that I have nothing to lose really. I might give it a shot. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed after 41 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.