Huntsville, AL / Tennessee Valley Area Activity

I’m in Huntsville, AL and am doing a lot of work with goTenna Mesh (GTM) units and other wireless systems.

I plan to add fixed, powered GTM relay stations around the Huntsville / Madison area in the near future and will be creating some custom apps that use this infrastructure.

I also plan to create and install solar-powered and battery-backed GTM relay stations in popular but remote sites such as parks and wilderness areas in the wider regional area.

If you’re doing similar things in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, or Mississippi or just want to stay in touch with this, reach out or follow this topic.

4 Likes

We’d like to welcome @MAZTech and Huntsville, AL to the Mesh Ambassador Program!

Mike has a long history of designing custom software and working with mobile and wireless technologies. He’s especially excited to leverage the goTenna Mesh SDK as a means of enabling his apps to communicate with friends in many of their favorite areas that are frequented by severe tornados and have zero LTE coverage.

To accelerate meshing the greater Huntsville area, he has designed a kit that makes it easier to install fixed Mesh relay stations on the outside of a home or building and permanently power them by using PoE standard to efficiently send low-voltage DC power over a long cable run. He is working on enhancing the design with a standby battery and in an effort to jump-start rapid Mesh deployments he will be sharing how to build these kits in this thread.

In the meantime, reach out here if you are located in Huntsville and want to help grow the network and #meshmytown.

2 Likes

Interested in helping in the Huntsville area.

Awesome, thanks! I’ve sent you a direct message.

1 Like