goTenna with CivTak/ATAK?

Yes 3.8.1 CivTak. I think it’s working fine with the mesh. The gotenna plug in just gives the error message when I don’t use the mesh.

1 Like

Are you sure? In my case, the 3.8.1.x plugin loads fine. Pairs with Mesh and but when it comes to sending a PLI, or checks battery status, etc. The app crashes.

Rolled back to using the V1’s instead.

1 Like

yes otherwise works fine

1 Like

All I can advise to troubleshoot the issue is Clearing Data and Cache on the goTenna plugin. Or removing the goTenna app - maybe they’re running at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah, already did all that including completely de- and reinstalling everything inlcuding the CivTak itself. :frowning:

1 Like

Having some trouble getting them to work. Could one of you message me? @Jdougherty77 on telegram or let me know if you use a different messaging platform.

Hi @danielagotenna,
I’m exploring the use of CIVTAK for civilian usage (from Airsoft to emergencies)
Are you still providing the ATAK plugin for the mesh version?
thank you

@teejz because I don’t know how to et the plugin for Gotenna, I tried to setup Civak 3.6.1.1 for multicast with no success, can you push me to the righ direction?

@giu @Jdougherty77 - there’s other non-limited distribution and non-GOTS situational apps that work with goTenna Mesh. You may want to try SITREP (https://apps.apple.com/sg/app/sitrep-tactical-mapping-itak/id1041418).

1 Like

theank you @teejz, however:

1. SITREP only works with IOS
  2. It charge money for the service
  • Teams$12.99
  • Teams$129.99
  • Teams + BFT$24.99
  • Teams + BFT$249.99

@Giu - unfortunately like SITREP, the majority customized TAK solutions and plugins (depending on the end-user) are also somewhat commercial, or Government-off-the-Shelf in nature.

That link is now dead - here is a new one:
http://7n7.us/2

Also here:
https://tak-public.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/ATAK-4.0.0.1-3a23eb4e-pr-release.apk

Note: these installs are for the Public Release version that doesn’t support plugins.

Just to clarify if I have the gotenna mesh and not the pro I can still pay for an atak plug in?

looking for clarification on that also. Im drifting towards no on that front. I tried contacting gotenna looking for the plugin but no response yet

IIRC (and I have no experience with Pro) atak is a goTenna-supported option with Pro. For the standard mesh unit, atak is only a user-installed hack.

Where can I find out more info about the “User installed Hack” I have been looking for days with no luck

Someone seems to think it exists, thus the current discussion. I don’t know if that’s a correct assumption or not. I vaguely recall someone here discussing their messing around with it, but I may not be recalling iot right or they may not have been successful in making it functional. Maybe Search will turn up something besides what’s discussed above?

It’s not a hack but a plugin for the Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK).

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that and pointing in the right direction for future reference.

I reached out to the Pro team (per Daniella’s '18 comment); It looks like they only offer a Pro-X plugin now. Here’s hoping someone can figure out a plugin for the mesh units as it could be a very powerful, low cost tool.