Burningman 2018

@danielagotenna Oh yes, I’ve used Mesh before, I forgot to mention this. I do confirm that it does meet our use case. I’m planning to work with the deaf camp (Da Dirty Hands), as well as 3 other camps (Que Viva, Fuego, and Camp Mystic, and maybe Badlands and/or Janky Barge) on this if we’re able to make this happen.

The biggest barrier to communication for us as Deaf people is that most of the methods that work for the average person are voice-based, or otherwise not accessible. We would be using this to maintain a communication link between the primary Deaf camp (Da Dirty Hands) and “satellite” pockets of Deaf folk at other camps. Da Dirty Hands is the original and longest-running Deaf camp. I’m planning to encourage Deaf burners to use these links to help schedule and work out interpreting services for various camps.

Thanks for working with me on this so far! I forgot to mention that I’m also a software (and sometimes hardware) engineer so I’m able to troubleshoot and definitely explain/onboard folks, smile.

5 Likes