iOS app v.5.3.2 is here!

Nate, @MikeR @danielagotenna -

Last night I installed the v5.3.2 update on my iPhone 6S (running iOS v11.4.1) and I updated my location setting for goTenna to “always” as suggested to ensure improved, up to date location info.

I have noticed three things:

1. No more obsolete location info on the standard maps - the location info is up to date and accurate.
  2. While the location setting for the goTenna app is set to “always”, my iPhone does not lose the Bluetooth pairing with my goTenna Mesh device when the goTenna app is put into the background to use another app in the foreground. My iPhone routinely loses the Bluetooth pairing with the goTenna Mesh device when the location setting for the goTenna app is set to “while using the app”. (For clarity, it did this with the prior goTenna app version too.)
  3. Despite the fact that my goTenna Mesh device has been standing by without sending or relaying messages today, its battery drain is noticeably higher due to the more frequent communication of gps coordinates - just as MikeR warned it would be in his post Here.

I understand that you can’t pass info between the phone and goTenna Mesh device more frequently without affecting the remaining charge on the goTenna Mesh’s battery - that’s the price of maintaining up-to-date location data.

For my purposes, I’m going to leave the iOS setting for the goTenna app where it was (“while using the app”) except when I feel I need higher location accuracy.

I really appreciate that you have updated the app so that I have a choice that is under my control.

All in all, you did a really nice job on this app update - thank you! :smile:

• JT
4 Likes