Stationary relay node update suggestion

I agree, I want to keep information sent very minimal. I think Stationary relay nodes transmit a randomly picked GID already when they communicate. Battery levels were suggested and I will add that to our informal “whitepaper”. Signal strength was suggested but I don’t think adding signal strength is prudent as information sent by Stationary relay nodes. That information if possible should be generated by the receiving node rather then a Stationary relay in my opinion.

Security, bandwidth, and power are reasons why I recommended the Stationary relay node should only send a “Yes I can hear you response”. If it wasn’t clear the devices that log the data are mesh units connected to a phone. They will log their own GPS coordinates and time when they hear a CYHM message not the location of the Stationary relay node. If a node hears a CYHM YES response message while it is not paired with a phone it will ignore that data because it isn’t useful without GPS.

EDIT: Item 7 was also meant as an anti abuse feature in addition to preserving bandwidth and power. I considered setting that time limit fairly high in regard to how often CYHM messages can be used but I haven’t figured out what that number should be yet.

EDIT2: I added the battery level to original post is response to @AMcl at the following thread/

3 Likes